AF-S DX-NIKKOR 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens featuring built-in Silent Wave Motor and Vibration Reduction II.
The high-power zoom DX-NIKKOR lens boasts a focal length range of 16 to 85mm, which makes it ideal for a broad range of shooting situations, including parties and other indoor events as well as building, portrait and scenery shots. When mounted on any DX-format Nikon digital SLR camera, the picture angle is equivalent to that produced by a 24 to 127.5mm focal length lens on a 35mm film or Nikon FX-format camera.
• 5.3x zoom lens covering a wide focal range of 16 to 85mm (picture angle is equivalent to focal length of 24 to 127.5mm in Nikon FX or 35mm format)
• Vibration Reduction II enables sharper pictures while shooting at shutter speeds up to four stops slower than would otherwise be possible
• Optical design optimized for superior performance with Nikon digital SLRs
• ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements minimize chromatic aberration while providing higher resolution and superior contrast
• Three aspherical lens elements minimize various types of lens aberration
• High-performance Nikon Super Integrated Coating achieves superior colorreproduction while substantially reducing ghosting and flare
• Nikon’s exclusive Silent Wave Motor ensures fast, quiet autofocus operation
• Rounded seven-blade diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural
• 0.38 m/1.3 ft. closest focus distance throughout the entire zoom range
• Accepts 67 mm filter attachments